You are a victim of crime if you have suffered physical injury, emotional injury, financial loss because of a crime.
You may have:
- Been injured in a violent attack
- Been the subject of physical assault or robbery
- Experienced family violence
- Experienced sexual assault
- Had a family member killed or injured as a result of a violent attack or culpable driving.
People who witness a crime and family members of an injured person can also be called victims of the crime, because they usually suffer some emotional distress as well.
It can be a difficult and confusing experience, but you don’t have to deal with it alone.
Contact us to arrange an appointment to discuss victim of crime compensation.