Commercial Leases & Commercial Lease Agreement Lawyer Melbourne
As we all know, a lease is a legally binding agreement forged between two or more parties in the context of a commercial relationship. It defines the rights as well as obligations of all parties involved. Getting the commercial lease right is vital as it will be the foundation for building the commercial relationship. As a leading legal firm, Daniel Lawyers & Associates have both the experience as well as expertise in commercial leases of Victoria. Our legal solicitors are aware of the various pitfalls to be wary of while negotiating a lease. Moreover, we understand the importance of ensuring the lease as it reflects the agreement upon which the business relationship was built.
On a more practical ground, we at Daniel Lawyers & Associates believe that expert legal advice which guarantees the best possible outcomes can only be given by those who have a working knowledge of Common Law, the Property Law Act, and Retail Leases Act. Furthermore, it is also essential for the commercial lease lawyer to have extensive experience as well as a clear understanding of the various competing interests. We have experienced commercial lease lawyers who comprehend these factors and are capable of negotiating deals that protect the interests of the parties involved.
2 stages in commercial lease transactions:
The first stage consists of the initial negotiation. At the initial stage, commercial lease lawyers of Daniel Lawyers & Associates draft a critically important document, which is the initial agreement for lease. This document is also known as a lease offer. It accurately records the understanding of all the parties involved.
This stage involves the preparation of the formal lease document. Furthermore, this formal lease document will be based on the initial lease offer. As a firm, we advise our clients to proffer their attention to issues, regardless of the simplicity or complexity of the terms in the lease. Given below are some such situations:
- Has entered into a legally binding lease offer.
- Tenants make good obligations at the end of the lease.
- If the lease for retail premises is governed by the Retail Leases Act.
- If the rent review or market review mechanism is appropriate for a particular kind of lease.
- Does the Disclosure Statement comply with the Retail Leases Act?
- Additionally, apart from the rent, are all outgoings to be charged recoverable? Do the outgoings include capital works or expenses, occupational health and other safety compliance or expenses?
- What is the lease term?
- Are there mandatory trading hours?
- Is the tenant entitled to a minimum 5-year term?
- The terms of any personal guarantees or bank guarantees, or even security bonds that may be required.
- The period during which a tenant must exercise an option to renew the lease.
- Has a pre lease condition report been prepared?
- Does the tenant intend to undertake work or some other brand-new fit-out?
- Does the intended use by the tenant comply with a Planning Permit?
- Does the tenant need any licenses to run their business?
At Daniel Lawyers & Associates, one can be sure of getting sound advice whether the lease is for a restaurant, an office, a factory, a warehouse, or a retail shop. Our experience as commercial lease lawyers will give you the right advice. Whether you are a property owner or a commercial tenant, our expert lease lawyers in Melbourne will help achieve a lease agreement that works out for all parties involved in the long term. Furthermore, our team is quite experienced in several drafting services and finding solutions to commercial lease-related dispute resolution.
Regardless of the type of business run, our experience ensures that clients are correctly advised and well represented. Conversely, our property solicitors also help property owners assert their rights and understand their legal obligations as commercial landlords. Get in touch with us on (03) 9687 3211 for a free 30-minute phone consultation or email us at [email protected].